Here is an extensive powerpoint (as a PDF) of much of the MSK rheumatology conditions that could be included in the final exams... covering joint pain and soft tissue disorders
I have included important images below with information of the more finer points.
You should also consider...
- The painful shoulder is the 2nd most common MSK problem in primary care.
- CREST syndrome could also be considered part of rheumatology - some CREST patients get pulmonary HTN
- You must also know about lupus - Did you also know that SLE patients get pleural effusions?
- Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis - 30% have autoantibodies
- Extrinsic Allergic Alveolitis - pigeon fancier's lung and farmer's lung
- Dermatomyositis, polymyositis, Sjögren's syndrome
- Behcet’s disease
- Goodpasture’s syndrome
- Paraneoplastic syndromes
- Inflammatory bowel disease
USE OF THIS WEBSITE IS SUBJECT TO AGREEING TO THIS DISCLAIMER